SA Health Distribution Centre
SA Health Distribution Centre - Secure Technologies
Impressed by Sturdie’s previous work, and its capacity to undertake large-scale, complex and/or high-risk electrical projects, SA Health recommended Sturdie Secure Technologies, to develop and install a comprehensive, integrated, multi-platform Gallagher access and intruder alarm system to its new, purpose-built distribution centre in Adelaide’s north.
The SA Health distribution centre is the new hub for the South Australian Government’s healthcare logistics. Covering 15,000sqm and designed to handle the state’s medical industry consumables, as well as critical and/or volatile medical supplies, the centre operates around the clock, and therefore requires a highly reliable, state-of-the-art, multi-platform security system that provides enhanced surveillance and alerting capabilities.
- Integration. The entire system involved multiple technologies, software and components, all of which needed to work seamlessly together
- Monitoring. The new system required in-built capacity to be managed and monitored from the on-site operations office, while also accommodating off-site monitoring of alarms from the SA Police Security Services branch.
- Tight deadline. Time was of the essence from design and engineering to installation, testing and hand-over.
- Mid-COVID. The distribution centre was being built in the middle of the COVID-19 pandemic, requiring flexibility in product delivery and compliance with personal and community health rules.
- Government procedures. Project delivery needed to recognise and respect the unique decision-making and reporting requirements attached to public sector contracting.
Drawing on the wealth of experience of its in-house specialists, the Secure Technologies team looked to combine available technology and new innovations, in order to meet the diverse demands of the project, optimise the time available, and bring about the most effective and efficient outcome.
- Detailed, adaptable delivery plan. A design and installation schedule was drafted, in conjunction with the project’s builder, to ensure timely delivery. This was part of an overall plan that included labour and material forecasting, and a site safety plan.
- Complete, integrated, multi-platform security system. Using highly respected Gallagher components, the team designed, engineered and installed a comprehensive network of smart security, surveillance and communications technology including multi-head, PTZ, 180º and 360º cameras (many located in all-weather environments), intercom system on all main entries and exits, access and intruder alarm systems, video wall, automatic vehicle plate identification, and duress alarms.
The entire security and surveillance system was completed to the client’s strict specifications, on time and without incident. Operation of the system is user-friendly, with the Sturdie team providing ongoing servicing, maintenance and support where necessary.
“Sturdie Secure Technologies was immensely proud to have been nominated by the South Australian Government to undertake the design and installation of the high-tech security system which would help safeguard this critical new facility. Building on our trusted and enduring association with SA Health, and working closely with lead contractors, Pike Constructions, we delivered all aspects to meet the rigorous design, standards and deadlines.”
Hayden Anderson, General Manager, Sturdie Secure Technologies