JB Hi-Fi electrical fit-out, Richmond - Sturdie Electrical Team
For more than 15 years, iconic Australian retailer JB Hi-Fi has relied on Sturdie’s national electrical team to meet its electrical installation needs across the group’s 300+ stores nationwide.
Through this enduring professional relationship, Sturdie is responsible for fitting out new-builds, retro-fitting, upgrading and re-laying existing stores, rolling out new in-store set-ups and displays, and providing ongoing maintenance and servicing.
Fitting-out a new JB Hi-Fi site in Victoria, with a continually changing layout plan, a set budget, and a fixed timeframe posed considerable challenges, but the Sturdie electrical division overcame these, and met all targets, and continued a proud 15-year client relationship.
Complete electrical fit-out of a new JB Hi-Fi store in an existing shopping centre in Richmond, Victoria. This included wiring, circuitry, lighting installation, supply and installation of the switchboard, and final testing and handover.
- Changing shop layout design. Throughout the planning process, the internal configuration of the store was evolving to best fit the existing floorplan. Plans needed to regularly adapt to layout updates and changes.
- Strict deadline. JB Hi-Fi required the store to be ready to open by a set date, in line with the advertised opening date.
- Set budget. A budget had been approved and the team was expected to work reasonably within that budget.
- Safety and quality. All work had to be carried out safely and to appropriate quality standards
The Sturdie electrical team maintained a flexible approach given the ongoing amendments to the layout, while still being mindful of budgets and timeframes. The Sturdie Secure Technologies unit would work in conjunction with the electrical division to install the store’s security and CCTV systems.
- ISO-level work strategies. All planning for installation, equipment and labour would achieve ISO levels of safety and quality assurance to meet JB Hi-Fi’s expectations in OH&S, electrical and workplace standards.
- Communication. The design and installation teams would stay in constant communication with the client Project Manager, including updates on timeframes, installation stages and costs.
The new store was completed on time and within budget, despite a continually changing layout brief. Once again, the adaptive, collaborative approach served to strengthen the strong and enduring relationship that Sturdie and JB Hi-Fi share.